Local student recognized for academic skill
Rancho Santa Fe resident Cole Holmlund, a student at Santa Fe Christian School, was recently honored at a statewide awards ceremony for gifted children held by The Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth. Holmlund was invited based on an exceptional performance on a rigorous, above-grade-level test given to second- through eighth-grade participants.
Book to benefit autism
On Monday, Oct. 6 from 4 to 7 p.m., the Poseidon Restaurant in, cooperation with Barnes & Noble Bookstore and the Autism Research Institute, will host a book launch party for local author and Chantal Sicile-Kira. Sicile-Kira will introduce her book “Autism Life Skills.”
The Poseidon will donate 20 percent of money spent in the restaurant’s during the event to the Autism Research Institute.
- Desalination plant gets Lands Commission OK
- Research Roundup: UCSD to lead PTSD, brain injury study
- Research Roundup: Basic research gets financial boost from major grants
- Wine professionals toast success
- Track readies for marquee race
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4363