Del Mar Community Calendar
Friday, Oct. 24
- Harvest Festival Original Art & Craft Show opens at the Del Mar Fairgrounds’ O’Brian and Bing Crosby Halls and runs through Oct. 26. The show features handmade gifts, pottery, ceramics, jewelry and more. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $9 for adults, $7 for seniors and $4 for ages 13-17. Children under 12 are free. Go to www.harvestfestival.com.
Sunday, Oct. 26
- Bridal Bazaar opens at the Del Mar Fairgrounds’ Exhibit hall. Features bridal fashions and fashion shows at 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 2:45 p.m. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $10. Go to www.bridalbazaar.com.
- Halloween in the Village, 3 to 5 p.m. at the L’Auberge Del Mar outside amphitheater. Features arts and crafts, magic show, costume contest and refreshments. Trick-or-treating available at downtown Del Mar stores and restaurants. Go to www.delmarmainstreet.com.
Wednesday, Oct. 29
-Greater San Diego Hunter/Jumper Association finals at Del Mar Horsepark on the corner of El Camino Real and Via de la Valle. Horse show runs through Nov. 2. Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. Admission is free.
Thursday, Oct. 30
- Del Mar Foundation board meets at 8:30 a.m. at Del Mar’s City Hall Annex on 11th St.
- Del Mar Rotary meets at 12 p.m. at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, 334 14th Street in Del Mar. Guest speaker is Larry Boch, biotech entrepreneur.
- Del Mar Rose Society monthly meeting is held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Del Mar Powerhouse Community Center.
Friday, Oct. 31
- Dog Halloween costume party, 5 to 6:30 p.m. on the Del Mar Shores baseball field on Ninth St. Refreshments and prizes for best costumes. Tickets are $25 and benefit the Campaign for Del Mar Shores. Go to www.delmarshores.org.
- Trick or Treating at Del Mar Highland Shopping Center, at Del Mar Heights Road and El Camino Real, 4-6 p.m. The band Repliphenics will also perform a free concert.
- Halloween festivities at the Del Mar Plaza, 7 to 11 p.m. features costume contest with prizes, refreshments and music and dancing on the plaza’s upper deck. Storefronts will offer complimentary hors d’oeuvres and restaurants will serve special Halloween-themed meals. Go to www.delmarplaza.com.
Want to add your event to the calendar? E-mail us at email@example.com
- The scariest yard
- Community members come together
- Costume maker puts spook, glitter, glam into Halloween
- Summer brings ‘Star Trek’ exhibit, free outdoor films
- Community center supports teens with new club
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3027