Gunshots awaken residents; no suspects found
Residents in Carmel Valley’s Pacific Highlands Ranch neighborhood were awakened by gunshots around 2 a.m. on Thursday night, followed by a helicopter circling the area for hours.
Lt. Anastasia Smith at the San Diego Police Department’s Northwestern Division, said that nobody was injured and a crime scene was never found.
Smith said she believes the culprit fired off five to six rounds into the dark night.
Police were unable to determine exactly where the shots were fired from, but they were heard near Edgewood Bend Court, the vacant lot near Fire Station 47 and Canyon Crest Academy.
Smith said officers performed an extensive search with their canine units and their helicopter unit to find a suspect, as it is a misdemeanor to discharge a firearm in public.
- Pot smoking ignites brush fire
- Robbery Suspects Caught on Tape: $1,000 Reward Offered
- Carmel Valley Station 47 marvels new firefighters
- Solana Beach restaurant robbed; two suspects in custody
- County reminds residents to clear brush
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4101