“Father of Chicano Theater” lectures at UCSD
Luis Valdez, also known as the “Father of Chicano Theater,” will be lecturing at UCSD through the Helen Edison Lecture Series. “The Challenges of Citizenship” on Nov. 20 will be about the overwhelming issue of residency in the United States and how many cultures mix in the melting pot of California. Valdez, a writer, director and founder of theater, is best known for the 1987 hit movie “La Bamba.” More information: (858) 822-0510, ucsdnews.ucsd.edu.
- UCSD biologists discover motor protein that rewinds DNA
- UCSD Extension offers grants to help unemployed residents
- Report validates UCSD’s importance in local economy
- Research Roundup: UCSD to lead PTSD, brain injury study
- The Rhythm of Her Step: A Song of San Diego
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=1523