Thousands embark on ’3-Day’
Friday, thousands of women and men passed through Del Mar and La Jolla during the start of the Breast Cancer 3-Day walk to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer.
Participants were greeted by numerous well-wishers and supporters in downtown Del Mar and La Jolla Shores. In Del Mar, supporters included Del Mar Mayor Dave Druker and members of the Del Mar Village Association, who passed out water bottles and pink stickers reading “Del Mar Village Welcomes 3-Day Walkers.
The walk will continue along various routes this weekend, ending Sunday at Petco Park in downtown San Diego.
- Komen walkers start on Nov. 21
- Toll Road: Thousands showed for meeting
- High school student devoted to AIDS awareness
- Thousands expected for toll road hearing
- Halloween spirit takes over
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7404