CV Parks and Recreation likely to weather cuts
Mayor Jerry Sanders’ proposed budget cuts included closing 10 recreation centers and seven city libraries. While Carmel Valley Recreation Center was among those listed whose hours could be slashed from 48 to 40 a week, the center will most likely not see those cuts go into effect.
The Carmel Valley Recreation Council has about $400,000 in reserves and representatives of the council say they will be able to fund any additional hours. Already, the recreation center operates over 48 hours.
Where the cuts could hit Carmel Valley is the proposed elimination of skatepark supervision and less street division requests being fulfilled.
- S.D. mayor proposes cuts in police, fire services
- Carmel Valley Community Calendar
- Carmel Valley Skatepark is ready to ride
- S.D. city council votes; libraries stay open for now
- TOT hike set for November ballot
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2943