Burnham Institute’s gala breaks donation records
Friends of the Burnham Institute for Medical Research gathered at the Grand Del Mar Resort on Nov. 15 for the “Discovery Without Boundaries” gala.
After cocktails and hors d’oeuvres on the veranda, 265 guests made their way to the Mediterranean-style ballroom.
Auctioneer Bill Menish brought in record-breaking donations. The evening netted $1.1 million dollars – a 15 percent increase over last years earnings – from sponsors and a 30-minute live auction.
- ‘After Dark’ gala benefits Lux Art Institute
- La Jolla Shore’s Survivor Beach Breaks records
- New Children’s Museum Gala is child’s play
- Opus 2008 gala kicks off Symphony’s season
- Fast talker reaps benefits as charity auctioneer
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2224