Membership numbers down
Membership dropped at the Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club by about 20 members in the past four months, golf club officials reported at the Dec. 4 association meeting. Having begun the fiscal year with 619 members in July, membership at the club decreased to 598 members by the end of October.
General Manager Steve Nordstrom said he is budgeting for the loss of another 23 members by June 2009, the end of the club’s fiscal year.
To maintain a balanced budget, the club has reduced some staff positions as well as about $100,000 in capital improvement projects. However, regular operations, maintenance and asset replacement will not be impacted.
“The golf club is very healthy in a very difficult period of time,” club treasurer Paul Woody said.
- S.D. mayor proposes cuts in police, fire services
- DM Fairgrounds budget includes belt-tightening
- County warns of consequences from economic decline
- S.D. City council hears mayor’s budget cut plan
- Dolphins numbers still in decline despite efforts of fisheries
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5074