Del Mar sewage spill
The surf in Del Mar was declared off limits Sunday due to a roughly 275-gallon sewage spill blamed on a line clogged with roots.
The spill ran into the ocean via storm drains near Eighth Street, according to the San Diego County Department of Environmental Health.
The spill in the 700 block of Camino del Mar was reported about 10:30 a.m. Saturday and fixed by a crew from the city of Del Mar about an hour later, county officials said.
Warning signs will be posted along the beach until testing shows that bacteria levels have fallen within state standards.
- Sewage spill causes water contamination
- Local sewage spill; contamination warning
- Various Mission Bay beaches closed; possible sewage dumping
- Sobriety checkpoints set up in Del Mar and other areas
- Gas prices fall even more
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3159