Local cheerleaders finish strong
“The Falcon Rock” cheer took a cross-country flight when Torrey Pines Pop Warner cheerleaders competed in the national championships Dec. 8 to 11.
Three Falcon squads performed their cheers and stunts at the competition held at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. One team, the Jr. Midget girls, took home Torrey Pines’ first-ever national trophy, placing fifth in the country.
The Pee Wee squad took sixth and the Junior Pee Wee team placed 14th, both placing high in fields that include 320 teams nationwide.
All three national placements are new records for Torrey Pines cheer.
“The girls had a great experience and are super proud of their accomplishments,” said Melody Parrette, Pee Wee coach.
- Friday night lights are back on for Falcon football
- Lady Falcons rebound with strong showing
- Falcon wrestlers beat San Marcos in close match
- Torrey Pines boys, girls soccer teams victorious
- Falcons open league play with win
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4827