Pregnant woman involved in fatal accident
A pregnant woman died early Sunday morning in a crash on the San Diego (5) Freeway and, despite extensive efforts by the California Highway Patrol and medical personnel, her premature baby did not survive, officials said.
The incident occurred about 1 a.m. on the 5 Freeway just north of Lomas Santa Fe Drive in Solana Beach, shutting down several lanes, according to a CHP dispatcher.
Emergency personnel at the scene and at Children’s Hospital tried, but failed, to save the woman’s premature baby.
All lanes were reopened at 4:55 a.m.
Information on the cause of the crash and the other parties involved, if any, was expected to be released later Sunday, CHP officers said.
- House fire in Del Mar extinguished
- New express lanes on I-15 will debut in September
- Cleanup, investigations continue at scene of deadly military jet crash
- PB woman fatally struck by truck in La Jolla
- Father of newborn killed in crash
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5823