LJ Playhouse rings in 2009 the ‘Xanadu’ way
On New Year’s Eve, La Jolla Playhouse hosted a 1980s-themed event to celebrate the run of its musical comedy “Xanadu” and the beginning of a new year. The night began with a performance of the play, then guests noshed on a dessert buffet catered by Wolfgang Puck and sipped cocktails while dancing as cast members sang hits of the 1980s.
- Opus 2008 gala kicks off Symphony’s season
- ‘Xanadu’ is a tongue-in-cheek adventure
- New Children’s Museum Gala is child’s play
- Actor/playwright premieres outrageous comedy at Playhouse
- Holiday meals a community tradition
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4803