Plunging into the New Year
Young and old alike took a chilly dip in the Del Mar surf on New Year’s Day to show their appreciation for the lifeguards who patrol the frigid surf every day of the year. The 24th annual Penguin Plunge attracted hundreds of brave revelers, who were treated to free coffee, hot chocolate and doughnuts from the Poseidon Restaurant afterward.
- Movie Night, Grom-o-rama marks the end of summer
- New Year’s: Free public transportation
- San Diego Restaurant Week celebrates fifth year
- What is your New Year’s resolution this year?
- Record numbers celebrate tree lighting
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5768