‘See, puppies are good luck’
San Diego Chargers’ running back Darren Sproles cuddles Hudson, one of the more than
1 million pets that found homes over the course of the 13-week Iams Home 4 the Holidays pet adoption campaign, which ended Jan. 5.
Sproles participated in the campaign kick-off at Qualcomm Stadium in October. “See, puppies are good luck,” Trisha St. George, spokesperson for the Helen Woodward Animal Center said, referring to Sproles’ leading role in the Chargers’ win over the Indianapolis Colts in the Jan. 3 wild-card NFL playoff game.
This year, nearly 3,563 shelters and rescue groups worldwide participated in the adoption drive, which began in 1999 at the Helen Woodward Animal Center in Rancho Santa Fe.
- Dirty Dogs hosts adoption event
- Helen Woodward Center hosts pet costume contest
- Fuzzy friends: Cream and Corn
- Cool canines ruled at Surf Dog Surf-a-Thon
- What Smells Like Wet Dogs and Surf Wax?
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=1617