Man sentenced for sexually assaulting woman in Solana Beach
A man who sexually assaulted a cleaning woman in an early morning attack at a Solana Beach business complex was sentenced Friday to more than 39 years to life in state prison.
Salvador Zamudio, 31, was convicted last year of forced digital penetration and forced oral copulation.
The defendant could have faced up to 70 years to life under California’s “one strike” sexual assault law, said Deputy District Attorney Roy Lai.
The prosecutor said the victim – in her mid-30s – was assaulted by the defendant at TRC Gymnasium at 722 Genevieve St. in the early morning hours of March 21, 2008.
She managed to get away and call police, Lai said.
Zamudio was sentenced by Vista Superior Court Judge Joan Weber.
- Woman pleads not guilty to felony charges
- Volunteer pleads guilty to Girl Scouts embezzling
- Man, woman arrested on suspicion of stealing from fatal accident site
- PB woman fatally struck by truck in La Jolla
- Explosive washes ashore in Solana Beach
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4988