Cell site rejected
The Carmel Valley Community Planning Board voted to reject a new Verizon Wireless facility on Village Center Loop Road in Pacific Highlands Ranch, 15-1.
Christian Clews was the sole dissenting vote.
The ground equipment was a problem for the board as the facility would have required two five-foot -wide equipment cabinets on the 15-foot-wide sidewalk in front of a future neighborhood park.
“This is the heart of our town center,” said board member Manjeet Ranu. “The sidewalks are 15-feet wide because there’s supposed to be a lot of people walking there. This is the wrong place for this utility.”
The board said they were disappointed that Verizon could not find a way to move the equipment off the sidewalk or place the equipment in an underground vault.
A Verizon representative said neither of those alternatives were possible.
- Proposed senior care center location meets opposition
- Research Report: Trial tests stem cell treatment for heart failure
- Morgan Run gym fits right in
- Residents tired of dead-end road
- New Carmel Valley Leader Web site now online
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2423