Del Mar jewelry store robbing suspect in custody
A 43-year-old man was in custody today on suspicion of robbing a Del Mar jewelry store of $300,000 in merchandise, authorities said.
Allan Richard Ziemann was arrested Thursday evening near his home in Scripps Ranch in connection with an armed robbery at Janetelli Jewelers on Jan. 8, according to San Diego County sheriff’s Sgt. Marcos Ramirez.
Ziemann allegedly put a handgun to the jewelry store owner’s head and told him to lay on the floor, then fled with $300,000 in merchandise, Ramirez said.
According to the sergeant, detectives identified Ziemann as a suspect based on witness statements and evidence gathered at the scene.
Ziemann was being held in the Vista Detention Facility in lieu of $145,000 bail.
- Solana Beach restaurant robbed; two suspects in custody
- Jewelry store robbed by gunman
- Plaza jewelry store robbed at gunpoint
- Driver allegedly causing fatal crash with pregnant woman in custody
- Del Mar store expands to La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3089