Bicyclist seriously injured at Torrey Pines State Beach
A man riding a bicycle down a slope to Torrey Pines State Beach on Sunday crashed and suffered a serious head injury, a San Diego police sergeant said.
The cyclist was riding his bike around 11:50 a.m., northbound in the 11900 block of Torrey Pines Road, when he lost control and struck a concrete storm drain, Sgt. Ray Battrick said.
He suffered a head injury and bleeding on the brain, but was expected to survive after being taken to Scripps Memorial Hospital, the sergeant said.
- Man injured when car plunges off N. Torrey Pines
- Abandoned vessel found on Torrey Pines State Beach
- Bluff collapse at Torrey Pines State Beach; still closed
- LCC edges Torrey Pines in volleyball grudge match
- Suspected smuggling boat found near Torrey Pines golf Course
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2095