Passenger grabs wheel of tour bus
An irate passenger steered a tour bus into the center divider of Interstate 5 on Friday night before he was contained by three other passengers, the California Highway Patrol said.
The bus was headed to Tijuana from Los Angeles with about 45 men, women and children on board, CHP Sgt. Terry Brollini said. South of Del Mar Heights Road about 9:00 p.m., a 25-year-old man told the driver he wanted off the bus and then grabbed the steering wheel.
The bus scraped the center divider before the driver was able to bring the bus to a stop. The passenger was held down until CHP officers arrived and took the man into custody. No one was injured, and the bus continued on its way after a 45-minute investigation, Brollini said.
- Man, woman arrested on suspicion of stealing from fatal accident site
- No charges filed against man arrested in purse theft
- Driver allegedly causing fatal crash with pregnant woman in custody
- Man proclaims innocence in stealing dying pregnant woman’s purse
- Man accused in killing pregnant woman must stand trial
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5624