Civilian helicopter crash lands near Swami’s Beach
The pilot of a civilian helicopter with mechanical problems made a noninjury, crash landing near Swami’s Beach in Encinitas, a lifeguard official said.
The tail of the Robinson R22 broke during the landing, said Encinitas lifeguard Capt. Larry Giles.
The helicopter, which was carrying two flight instructors, took off from Palomar Airport Wednesday morning, Giles said. It was not known what time the helicopter took off and where it was headed.
The helicopter landed about five feet away from the water line, a news helicopter video showed.
The pilots and emergency responders are at the scene, awaiting the arrival of Federal Aviation Authority investigators, Giles said.
- SDG&E found negligent in helicopter crash
- Desalination plant gets Lands Commission OK
- SDG&E wrongful-death trial continues
- Father of family killed in crash thanks community
- More remains found at jet crash site
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2597