Charity Ball turns 100
Since 1909, the Charity Ball has been an important part of San Diego philanthropy. The 100th anniversary celebration was held in the Grand Ballroom of the Hotel del Coronado on Feb. 14.
The evening began with a pre-ball reception for box holders and major donors. The party continued with a black-tie dinner, then dancing to the sounds of the Bill Green Orchestra and the Society Beat.
Proceeds from the event benefit Rady Children’s New Patient Care Pavilion, which is due to be completed in 2010.
- Buick Invitational’s Golf Ball supports local children
- Las Patronas’ Jewel Ball relives the 1920s
- La Jolla Symphony & Chorus gala celebrates season
- Country Friends charity hosts fashion show
- Kids Korps’ annual Eco Ball incorporates green solution
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2488