USA Sevens comes to polo club
Sixteen nations competed in 44 rugby matches Feb. 12 to 14 as the USA Sevens International Rugby Tournament brought its fast-paced, high-scoring competition to the San Diego Polo Club in Rancho Santa Fe for the first time.
The matches carried over to the main tournament Feb. 14 and 15 at Petco Park for the third straight year.
The tournament is the premier rugby event in the United States and the last stop on the International Rugby Board World Series before the Rugby World Cup Sevens in Dubai.
It featured top athletes from national teams around the world, including: Argentina, Australia, Canada, England, Fiji, France, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, New Zealand, Samoa, Scotland, South Africa, Uruguay, USA and Wales.
For information, visit www.USASevens.com.
- Pacific Coast tourney back at La Jolla club
- Athletes get an equal playing field
- Area team wins flag football tournament
- Energy woes don’t slow Surf Cup’s widespread appeal
- Soccer moms kick-start their mornings
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7743