TPHS senior awarded service scholarship
Torrey Pines senior Tara Mullally is one of 19 students nationwide to receive the Ingram Scholarship to Vanderbilt University. The 19 students were selected out of 450 who had applied and Mullally was the only student from California in the group.
The program was founded at Vanderbilt, located in Nashville, to reward outstanding students with a commitment to volunteerism and community service.
At Vanderbilt, the scholars must participate in at least 20 hours of community service each month during the school year and at least one of their undergraduate summers.
Each scholar receives a minimum of full tuition, a stipend for a special summer project and a project expense budget.
- MIT grad shares insight into college scholarship process
- Grand Jury service well worth the time commitment
- Wisdom of local woman featured in new book
- Partnership aims to assist students in positive choices
- Del Mar Rotary busy all around
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7546