Bon Appetit comes to Grand Del Mar
More than 70 San Diego foodies gathered at the Grand Del Mar on Feb. 8 to celebrate the publication of the “Bon Appetit Fast Easy Fresh Cookbook” with author Barbara Fairchild, editor-in-chief of Bon Appetit.
This was her only San Diego appearance of the book tour.
The American Institute of Wine & Food’s national chairwoman, Lisa Lipton, with her husband, Stuart, both Rancho Santa Fe residents, attended.
Addison’s executive chef, William Bradley, offered his interpretation of recipes from the new cookbook, including pan-seared sea scallops with red onion marmalade, seared Ahi tuna with avocado tartar, chestnut pancakes with bacon and crème fraîche, and chocolate-orange ice cream sundae.
Cocktails from the book, such as peachy mimosa punch, pomegranate mojitos and sake sangria, were also poured.
- Sittin’ down with Sam Zien
- Grand Avenue bridge takes on new life
- Jai turns in a memorable performance
- Everything and the Kitchen Shrink: An ode to Paul Newman and his food philanthropy
- Grand Jury service well worth the time commitment
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2161