Community Calendar: Solana Beach
Saturday, March 7
- Nationally known watercolor artist Joan McKasson will teach a watercolor workshop on landscape and floral painting: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and Monday, March 7 through 9 at the Studio of Art and Design, 742 Genevieve, Suite H. Class fee for three days is $180. Registration required in advance of workshop.
For more info, go to www.StudioofArtandDesign.com” or call 755-6202.
- Beading Hearts charity event: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Hot Rock Jewelry, 337 S. Cedros Ave. Sign up for a time between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. to craft bracelets with your children (ages 4 and older), who are then encouraged to sell the bracelets to raise funds for ItsAllAboutTheKids.org”. For more info, call 259-4750.
- Guided nature walks at the San Elijo Lagoon: 10 a.m. every Saturday. Meet at the nature center, at 2710 Manchester Ave. For more info, go to sdparks.org.
Sunday, March 8
- Daylight-saving time begins
- 13th annual Turf Bocce Ball Tournament: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Del Mar Horsepark.
Monday, March 9
- Monthly Bird Count at the San Elijo Lagoon: 7:30 a.m. to noon. Meet at the Rios Avenue trailhead. For more info, go to sanelijo.org.
Tuesday, March 10
- Friends Night Out: 6:30 p.m. Solana Beach Library, 157 Stevens Ave. Taking listeners along the 2,000-mile California Trail, professor/adventurer Keith Meldahl uses the diaries and letters of settlers, as well as firsthand experience, to reveal how the geology and geography of the West directly affected our nation’s westward expansion.
For more info, call (858) 755-1404.
Wednesday, March 11
- Solana Beach City Council regular meeting: 6 p.m. 635 S. Highway 101 at 6 p.m. For agenda, go to ci.solana-beach.ca.us.
Thursday, March 12
- Women’s Alliance Network Solana Beach Chapter Networking Luncheon: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lomas Santa Fe Country Club, 1505 Lomas Santa Fe Drive. For more info, call 951-3083.
Friday, March 13
- Solana Beach Civic and Historical Society monthly meeting: 5 p.m. Fletcher Cove Community Center, 133 Pacific Ave. Featuring Caltrans officials speaking about the Interstate 5 widening project. Public welcome.
Sunday, March 15
- Making conversation for teens, three-day workshop on Sundays: 1 to 3 p.m., 12- to 15-year-olds, 4 to 6 p.m., 15- to 18-year-olds. Fusion Learning Center, 731 S. Highway 101 Suite 1-M. Cost, including materials: $359. For more info, go to www.makingconversation.com or call (760) 803-2641.
Wednesday, March 18
- Ribbon cutting for improvements at the Solana Beach Library, 10 a.m. at 157 Stevens Ave. With Supervisor Pam Slater-Price. For more info, call 755-1404.
- Community Calendar: Rancho Santa Fe
- Volunteers needed for Saturday beach clean-up
- Community calendar: Del Mar
- Rancho Santa Fe Community Calendar
- Nature Center unveiled
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2690