Free smoke detectors offered to seniors
Free smoke detectors and installation are available to seniors living in San Diego County through The Burn Institute during April and May.
A news release from the Burn Institute stated that staff will join with volunteers to install the free smoke alarms as part of the Senior Smoke Alarm Program. Adults 65 years or older are twice as likely to die in a house fire than any other segment of the population.
Homeowners 55 years or older living in San Diego County who do not have a working smoke alarm qualify. Installations are booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Burn Institute offers fire tips
- Many area seniors struggling financially
- Classes to boost brain power offered
- Fairgrounds enacts smoking ban
- New Year’s: Free public transportation
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3829