Locals celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
Tens of thousands of St. Patrick’s Day revelers will descend on downtown San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter Tuesday to take part in the 13th annual “ShamRock” festival.
More than 60,000-square-feet of green Astroturf will be used to line the streets of the Gaslamp Quarter, where there will be Irish music, beer gardens, two stages of entertainment, go-go dancers and DJs.
Among the groups scheduled to perform are Raggle Taggle, the Field Irish Dancers, The Fooks, The Down’s Family, Sonic Impulse and the Young Dubliners, according organizers.
The festival runs from 4 p.m. until midnight. The main entrance is at Fifth Avenue and G Street. Admission for the 21-and-up party is $20 in advance and $25 at the entrance.
Visit www.gaslamp.org for more information.
- GQA encourages revelers to celebrate Mardi Gras responsibly
- Celebrate Black History Month
- Putting the street back in Street Scene
- The CW looking for locals for new series
- Kitchen Shrink: Eat your ‘greens’ on St. Patrick’s Day
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4914