Suspicious object causes security scare in CV
A suspicious-looking device that someone left in a Carmel Valley parking lot today prompted a brief security scare but turned out to be part of an Internet “treasure hunt,” authorities reported Monday.
A guard found the object taped between two signs in the 11000 block El Camino Real about 11:15 a.m., according to police and the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.
A city bomb squad investigated and soon determined the innocuous origin
of the device, SDFRD spokesman Maurice Luque said.
Emergency crews cleared the scene and reopened the lot about 12:30 p.m., Luque said.
- Pardee-bought fire truck goes to North Park
- Authorities identify man killed in bluff collapse
- SD city helicopters cleared to aid state in night firefighting
- Pot smoking ignites brush fire
- SDFD reacts quickly to CV house fire
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7214