MMA joins violence prevention efforts
More than 1,000 women from throughout the county were provided free services during the 19th annual Women’s Resource Fair on March 7 at the San Diego Civic Center.
Mixed-Martial Arts Academy, of the Torrey Pines area, provided free self- defense classes for more than 130 women at the fair.
Before the event, the academy staff collected clothing, toiletries, cosmetics, toys and books, which were distributed at the event.
April is Sexual Assault Awareness month, and in collaboration with the San Diego Police Department, MMA will provide a three-hour rape prevention seminar from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 18.
All proceeds from the seminar will benefit the Center for Community Solutions. To register, call 755-7665 or visit www.mmaacademy.com.
- Missoni runway show benefits local organization
- Martial arts studio emphasizes discipline without violence
- Home invasions and sexual assaults appear connected
- Del Mar native joins new pro soccer league
- UCSD students alarmed by reported rape
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5140