Mystery deepens regarding drugs found on DM beach
Authorities today were investigating the discovery of eight abandoned sacks of marijuana weighing a total of 400 pounds on the beach in Del Mar.
An early morning surfer made the discovery at the foot of 11th Street, near Stratford Court, around 4 a.m. Wednesday, San Diego County sheriff’s Sgt. Jack Reynolds said.
The surfer said he first walked passed six large burlap sacks, then came upon two men carrying a seventh sack, Reynolds said.
When the surfer asked the men what they were doing, they said something in Spanish, dropped the seventh sack and ran away, according to Reynolds.
The surfer then called authorities, who showed up and found an eighth sack about 15 yards from the shoreline, Reynolds said.
Initial reports were that eight bundles weighing 100 pounds were discovered but authorities later updated the total.
- Drugs wash up on Del Mar beach
- Arraignment for alleged crash suspect; pregnant woman killed
- Students interpret Picasso’s art
- Student detectives connect with mystery author, world
- Boat found off Torrey Pines with undocumented immigrants
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5243