Philanthropy Spotlight: San Diego Foundation
Since its inception in 1975, the San Diego Foundation has attempted to deal with community needs and problems.
Today, it has granted more than $400 million to local nonprofit organizations and manages more than 1,050 funds.
In addition to its leadership role in grant-making, the foundation attempts to develop creative solutions to serious problems facing the community. The openhandedness of compassionate San Diegans is not limited to just the city or county, however.
After several local donors expressed interest in helping organizations outside of the United States, the foundation established a separate charity in called the International Community Foundation (ICF) in 1990. By 2000, the ICF was sending support through funds to countries as diverse as Mexico and China.
For more information, visit www.sdfoundation.org.
- Philanthropy Spotlight: Jewish Community Foundation San Diego
- Philanthropy Spotlight: Rancho Santa Fe Foundation
- Philanthorpy Spotlight: San Diego Women’s Foundation
- Philanthropy Spotlight: North County Philanthropy Council
- Philanthropy Spotlight: National Charity League
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5685