Boil-water order still in effect
About 14,000 city water customers in the Del Mar area were under a boil-water order for second day Tuesday due to a just-replaced section of a main line.
About 140 restaurants in the Torrey Hills, Del Mar, Carmel Valley and Pacific Highlands Ranch areas also were closed Monday after a main broke in Torrey Pines State Park.
The broken section of pipe was replaced yesterday, but San Diego Water Department officials asked people to boil water for at least a minute for the next two days or so to kill any germs that may have gotten into the line.
Some restaurants were expected to reopen Tuesday, using giant pots to boil
Showering with tap water is OK, but all water to be consumed should be boiled for at least a minute.
Video courtesy of NBCSanDiego.com
- Boil order in effect after water main break
- Water authority urges turning off irrigation systems
- Sewage spill causes water contamination
- Water rationing could begin soon
- Torrey Hills considering ‘smart’ water system
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2157