Philanthropy Spotlight: Conner’s Cause for Children
Conner’s Cause for Children helps families with minor children with life-threatening diseases who live in San Diego, Imperial and Riverside counties.
Conner was diagnosed with a fatal brain cancer when he was just 4 years old. In 10 months, his family had to cope with his diagnosis, treatment, death and thousands of dollars in medical bills. Conner passed away on July 18, 1994, but his legacy lives on in this foundation.
The organization provides assistance through a number of ways, including alleviating transportation and food expenses associated with caring for a sick child, co-payments for medical care and medication, out-of-pocket costs for medical equipment, out-of-pocket costs for in-home care and increased phone or utility costs related to caring for the child.
The foundation also works intimately with families to discover supplementary sources of help, including referrals to other helpful agencies, foundations and supporters.
The 13th Annual Conner’s Cause for Children Golf Classic
- May 18
- The Crossings
- 5800 The Crossings Drive, Carlsbad
- Individual golf entry: $195
- (858) 794-4071
- Philanthropy Spotlight: Huntington’s Disease Society of America, San Diego chapter
- Philanthropy Spotlight: Jewish Community Foundation San Diego
- Philanthropy Spotlight: Sundt Memorial Foundation
- Philanthropy Spotlight: Rancho Santa Fe Foundation
- Philanthropy Spotlight: Surfrider Foundation
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5667