Renovated Del Mar Arena reopens
The Del Mar Arena at the Del Mar Fairgrounds reopened Thursday following a $15 million renovation that included installation of a 76,267-square-foot roof.
Officials marked the completion of the project with a ribbon-cutting ceremony to coincide with the start of the three-week Del Mar National Horse Show, which started Thursday, April 16, in the arena.
The renovation project, which began last September, was funded through revenues generated at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
The new roof, built by Turner Construction Co., will allow the arena to be used year-round for concerts, trade and consumer shows and sporting events, according to fairground officials.
- New fairground roof underway
- National horse show first under new arena roof
- Sockers to call fairgrounds home
- Fairgrounds officially selling name
- DM Fairgrounds budget includes belt-tightening
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=6076