Recycling turns into fishy art
Students got a hands-on lesson in recycling when they transformed materials bound for the landfill into works of art on April 17. The Del Mar Hills Academy of Arts & Sciences hosted a PTA-sponsored “Fish for Thought” project led by artist Rodney McCoubrey, aka Rodrigo.
The project is a pilot program to bring art, environmentalism, science and fun to elementary school students, just in time for Earth Day, April 22.
Del Mar Hills Academy students enjoyed a morning of creating art from recycled materials on April 17. Working under the guidance of professional artist Rodrigo, students decorated fish with paint and items they saved from the recycle bin at home.
- Plastic bag recycling plan promoted by Solana Beach
- Del Mar Hills students test their engineering prowess
- Make your holidays green by recycling waste, trees
- Local school celebrates Earth Day by example
- Correspondent turns student focus on human rights
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=6030