Pugs dress to impress at annual rescue party
Around 500 pugs padded into the Del Mar Fairgrounds infield on May 2 for Pug Rescue of San Diego’s annual Pug Party. This year’s theme was “Rockin’ Through the Ages” and pugs arrived wearing Elvis-reminiscent sequined jumpsuits, AC/DC T-shirts and poodle skirts without the poodle–a crafty owner sewed on a pug instead.
The event offered vet screenings with Dr. Brian Golden, nail clipping (a pug’s worst nightmare), a boutique selling everything from Pug Pinot wine to pug bellybutton rings and psychedelic tail painting. A pug cafe had pugs gobbling dog-friendly meatballs, chicken and carrots and contests included a cupcake chomp and the most distinguished senior pug, an honor that went to 15-year-old Jade.
Pug Rescue has helped find 50 pugs homes this year and has provided nearly $7,000 for vet services and surgeries in just the last few months. Help is always needed and donations can be made at pugbutts.com.
- Wine Guy: Experiment with the other white pinot – blanc
- Reel Review: Stereotypical ‘International’ fails to impress
- Tips for hosting a fun and successful Inaugural party
- White Party rocks Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club
- Local residents to dress to the nines for Opening Day
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5911