UCSD, Moores Center get $1 million gift
The late wife of the founder of UC San Diego’s department of mathematics left the university $1 million in her trust, it was announced Thursday.
The gift from Ilse Warschawski will be spit between the department of mathematics and the Moores Cancer Center, according to UCSD.
It is in honor of her late husband, Stefan Warschawski, who founded the university’s department of mathematics nearly five decades ago, according to UCSD.
- UCSD honors theater department founder
- Salk Institute receives $5 million gift
- One More Wave: Entrepreneur learned early on: ‘Surfing is a gift’
- UCSD School of Medicine: Novice to powerhouse in 40 years
- Jamieson helps make UCSD Medical Center division tick
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7713