Controlled burn set for Friday
Firefighters will conduct a controlled burn Friday morning to get rid of brush that could potentially fuel a wildfire at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, a base spokesman said Thursday.
The controlled burn will begin at 10:30 a.m. and may cause smoke to drift over Interstate 15 and Highway 52, according to Marine Cpl. Derek Carlson.
He said that the smoke “will not hinder the flow of traffic and should quickly dissipate.”
- Burn Institute offers fire tips
- Free smoke detectors offered to seniors
- Traffic alert issued for I-8 in Mission Valley
- Fire closes I-5; now reopened
- Local man severely injured in apparent suicide attempt
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2756