Lyric Opera celebrates anniversary with fashion show
San Diego fashionistas and musical theater fans flocked to Birch North Park Theatre on May 14 for Lyric Opera San Diego’s “Fashion Hits a High Note.” The event celebrated Lyric Opera’s 30th anniversary as well as Birch North Park Theatre’s 80th birthday.
To put on the high-style, music-filled fashion show, Lyric Opera’s artistic director, J. Sherwood Montgomery partnered with Leonard Simpson, the creator of Fashion Forward, an internationally known fashion production company that produces fashion shows and other high-profile entertainment projects from L.A. to New York.
Simpson designed an award-winning jewelry line carried at Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue for more than a decade and was the youngest person to ever win the Lifetime Achievement Award in fashion.
Co-chaired by local philanthropist Sally B. Thornton, the event benefited Lyric Opera San Diego.
- Country Friends charity hosts fashion show
- National Charity League puts on fashion show
- Iris Strauss is a lyric-soprano
- Patrons of the San Diego Opera celebrate ‘Tosca’ opening
- UCSD’s ‘Green Scene’ event featured eco-friendly fashion show, films
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4950