Symphony’s ‘Partner with a Player’ recognizes supporter
The San Diego Symphony hosted the annual “Partner with a Player” event May 14 at Copley Symphony Hall. The event celebrated the orchestra’s top supporters and its musicians. Each supporter individually selected and partnered with a musician from the orchestra.
“Partners” joined the “Players” on stage during a concert, which was conducted by Philip Mann. The concert featured works by Respighi, Schubert and Verdi.
Following the concert, guests enjoyed a dinner prepared by Jeffrey Strauss.
The “Partner with a Player” outreach campaign is nearing the $1 million mark. Sixty-two of the 79 musicians have partners thus far. Each partnership is recognized with a photograph in the gallery located in the lobby of Symphony Towers.
- Opus 2008 gala kicks off Symphony’s season
- La Jolla Symphony & Chorus gala celebrates season
- LJ Symphony sets new season
- Symphony’s new season to quench classical cravings
- John Pizzarelli joins Symphony for concert at Salk
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7231