Art, surfboards auctioned off at Surfrider gala
The ninth annual Art Gala hosted by the Surfrider Foundation San Diego Chapter was held May 21 at Powerhouse Community Center in Del Mar.
Ocean-themed artwork from local and national artists and one-of-a-kind surfboards were auctioned off. Artists included Jeff Yeomans, Wade Koniakowsky, Neil Bociek, Tony Spineto, Jason Samarin, Stephen King and many more. Famed photographer Aaron Chang presented a slide show.
Guests noshed on food by Yapo’s Home Catering and Jimbo’s… Naturally! Wine from Barefoot Wineries and San Diego’s Stone Brewing Co. was also served.
Proceeds benefited the Surfrider Foundation San Diego Chapter, helping to fund the group’s local programs including water quality testing, education, outreach, beach cleanups, pollution monitoring and advocacy efforts.
- Gala benefits Huntington’s Disease Society of America
- Philanthropy Spotlight: Surfrider Foundation
- New Children’s Museum Gala is child’s play
- Hollywood-themed gala supports Boys & Girls Clubs
- Bipolar Foundation holds second gala benefit
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=1935