More than 300 ‘Bring It!’ for stem cell research
More than 300 people showed up in “game show elegant” attire for Bring It!, and raised about $150,000 for stem cell research in an event hosted by the Head North Foundation and the Burnham Institute for Medical Research and held at the Del Mar Fairgrounds in late April.
The foundation is working to “enhance the quality of life for people faced with the daily challenges of a spinal cord injury (SCI) by providing financial assistance, resources and guidance,” a press release stated.
Guests were greeted on the red carpet by a cheering crowd armed with giant hand clappers, pompoms and noise makers. Later, the the Mission Tower Ballroom turned into a game show studio where they played a Family Feud-style face off.
- Proposed stem cell research center in TP may collapse
- SRI eliminating the controversy in stem cell research
- Scripps research advances stem cell work
- Research Report: Trial tests stem cell treatment for heart failure
- Editorial: Stem cell move the right decision
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5173