Fishy art makes a statement
Del Mar students teamed up against ocean pollution by producing an art display ‘Fish for Thought’ along a mile of Del Mar beach and picking up trash for Keep Del Mar Clean’s annual beach cleanup May 30.
Del Mar Hills Academy students decorated 380 wooden fish with recycled materials under the guidance of artist Rodney McCoubrey, also known as Rodrigo. The fish were displayed from Powerhouse Park to 29th Street, along with education signs about ocean pollution and recycling created by Del Mar Heights students.
- Recycling turns into fishy art
- Fish art to line the coast
- Canyon Crest students tackle latest Challenge
- Letters to the Editor: May 15, 2009
- Fish population soars at wetlands lagoon
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3725