Pedestrian fatally struck by Coaster
A pedestrian was fatally struck by a Coaster train early Friday morning in Del Mar, prompting all train services to be halted just as the morning commute was beginning, authorities said.
The pedestrian was struck at Coast Boulevard and 15th Street shortly before 6 a.m., San Diego County sheriff’s Lt. Julie Sutton said.
Coaster and Amtrak services were shut down in both directions until about 7:30 a.m., according to the North County Transit District, which operates the Coaster.
- PB woman fatally struck by truck in La Jolla
- The struggles of public transportation
- SPRINTER service extended for Amgen Tour
- Gas prices prompting commuter modifications
- Value of California high-speed rail project
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5640