Congregation Beth Am’s annual gala honors rabbi
During an annual fundraising dinner on May 17, Congregation Beth Am honored Rabbi David Kornberg for his 10 years of service to the congregation and the San Diego community.
Approximately 275 people came to the synagogue in Carmel Valley to celebrate this special tribute to Kornberg.
Kornberg believes that the purpose of a synagogue is to have a place where people can come to connect to other people, other Jews, to themselves, to God, to Judaism. Recognizing that people relate to Judaism in different ways, he has brought many programs to Beth Am in the last 10 years, including The Center for Lifelong Jewish Learning, community-centered Rock’n Shabbats, Shabbat in Song, Family Retreats and many other innovative programs for children and adults.
- Sulpizio Center honors philanthropists at gala
- Art, surfboards auctioned off at Surfrider gala
- Hall of Fame honors ‘cultural guardian’
- New Children’s Museum Gala is child’s play
- Kids Korps’ annual Eco Ball incorporates green solution
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2729