Philanthropy Spotlight: Kiwanis Club of Torrey Pines
Since its inception in 1982, Kiwanis Club of Torrey Pines has been “doing good and having fun doing it,” which is its mantra. Throughout the years, the nonprofit organization has provided more than $1 million to disability-related charities. Currently, there are approximately 30 Torrey Pines Kiwanis members.
The major fundraiser for the Torrey Pines Kiwanis is the annual La Jolla Festival of the Arts. In 2008, the festival raised more than $80,000 to disperse to various programs for San Diegans with disabilities. The festival’s mission is “to provide the highest quality arts and entertainment experience for our patrons, guests and participants in support of recreational and educational programs for San Diegans with disabilities.”
The La Jolla Festival of the Arts will celebrate its 23rd anniversary June 20-21 at UCSD’s East Campus.
- Philanthropy Spotlight: Las Patronas
- Philanthropy Spotlight: Patrons of the Prado
- Philanthropy Spotlight: North County Philanthropy Council
- Philanthropy Spotlight: The Del Mar Foundation
- Philanthropy Spotlight: Big Brothers Big Sisters of San Diego Count
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5676