Torrey Pines alum Jamie Lovemark to go pro
Golfweek recently reported that Torrey Pines High School alum Jamie Lovemark, who won the 2007 NCAA individual championship as a freshman, would forgo his senior season at USC and turn pro.
Lovemark, 21, fractured a rib in practice and had to withdraw from the final round of the NCAA West Regional. He wasn’t able to compete in the finals last week. “I think I’m ready,” Lovemark told the magazine. “College has been awesome … but I’m ready to move on with my life. Being professional is a huge challenge, so I’m looking forward to it. Hopefully it will push me harder and make me a better player.”
Lovemark, winless since four victories in his freshman year, broke his left pinky while playing basketball in February, and his best finish after that was a tie for 24th in the Pac-10 Championships. He’s made the cut in five of eight PGA Tour events.
- Torrey Pines star returns to her New England roots
- LCC edges Torrey Pines in volleyball grudge match
- Professional volleyball player found dead
- Autopsy determines cause of volleyball player’s death
- Lady Lions volleyball team soars to finals
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7468