Local unemployment rate rises
The unemployment rate in San Diego County rose slightly to 9.4 percent in May, up from a revised 9.2 percent the previous month, a state agency reported Friday.
The state’s unadjusted unemployment rate rose to 11.2 percent last month, according to the California Employment Development Department.
The national unemployment rate was 9.1 percent, according to the EDD.
Between April and May, the San Diego region shed 2,800 jobs, most in professional business services, manufacturing and government, according to the EDD. Leisure and hospitality reported a seasonal gain of 1,200 jobs.
- County unemployment rate at 8.6 percent
- Unemployment rate in SD county rises
- Unemployment levels stabilize
- San Diego County gasoline price rises
- S.D. city council approves water rate increase
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4902