An unconventional time had by all at Sushi’s Red Ball
After a two-year hiatus, Sushi Arts’ Red Ball returned on June 13 with an evening full of eccentric happenings. Zirk Ubu, which was voted “San Diego’s Best Weird Circus Folk 2008″ by San Diego City Beat, performed along with the Balkan gypsy band Wolfgang von Cope and his Orkestra Moustachio. A stilt-walking auctioneer hosted the live art auction and disc jockeys spun tunes – all of which contributed to the evening’s steampunk motif. (If you don’t know what that means, friends, consult your handy-dandy Wikipedia.)
Food, beer, wine and drinks for the event, which was held at Sushi’s new home on 11th Avenue, were provided by local purveyors.
Sushi Arts is nonprofit organization that cultivates alternative voices in the exploratory arts.
- Solana Beach Ball entertains a sellout crowd
- Solana Beach Ball set for April 18
- Red footwear rules at Ronald McDonald House’s ball
- Crystal Ball raises money for child abuse prevention
- Tot lot gets new, safer surface at Powerhouse Park
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=1849