Young athletes do well in Kick for the Cure tourney
The Carmel Valley Manchester Boys U8 Red Team achieved success in their first tournament as a team and the first tournament any of the team members have ever played, making it to the championship game before being defeated.
The young team, coached by Jeff Illingworth and Bill Garton, played against four teams that were all a year older in the U9 division. One of Manchester’s players is only 5 1/2 years old.
“They were underdogs by age and size, but were able to overcome with their heart and desire to win,” team parent Dione Marion said.
- Powerhouse baseball team victorious
- Athletes get an equal playing field
- Soccer moms kick-start their mornings
- Terrapins win junior league tourney
- Young athletes shine at Jr. Olympics
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=8059